Elevate your presence and empower your communications
Who is this for
Middle and senior managers who:
- are increasingly involved in cross functional projects and need to be more influential across their organisation and networks.
- need to be more impactful during client facing scenarios.
- require more visibility and confidence when contributing to executive discussion.
- are working under pressure and need to project greater credibility in challenging situations.
What you will get
Develop an understanding of how to use different tactics to engage and influence others within different environments. Discover how to be authentic in terms of your personal impact and influence and how to communicate your messages with greater clarity and purpose, which creates stronger engagement. Learn how to maintain your inner confidence, and think on your feet, especially in pressured situations. As part of the programme, you will create a personal and goal-orientated Action Focus Plan to sustain and develop your learnings from the two days.
"Exceptional. Diana brought real energy to everything that was imparted. Everything was relevant, thought provoking, and extremely valuable."
Andrew Barrott, Head of Research and Technical Standards, OCR
"Honestly it was an excellent course and delivered professionally, enthusiastically, and with consideration for each of the individuals needs. I cannot think of any aspect which would need to be improved."
David Siberry, Senior Solutions Consultant, Manhattan Associates
“There’s so much that you can learn about yourself, your team and about the environment you work in. I’d recommend it for anybody. I’d tell people to come in open, ready to renew yourself essentially.”
Katie Burgum, Programme Manager, EBS Automation
At a glance
- 26 - 27 Sep 2023
- 07 - 08 Dec 2023
- 19 - 20 Mar 2024
- 09 - 10 Jul 2024
- 10 - 11 Dec 2024
- Duration2 days, residential
- LocationCranfield campus
- Cost£2,800 + VAT Concessions available
This two day course gives you the opportunity to bring a specific leadership challenge to the room and a chance to practice how you communicate your message, receiving honest feedback from your peers on how you come across in what you say and how.
Concepts covered within the programme include:
- Framing impact and influence,
- Techniques for getting focused,
- Connecting and engaging - first impressions,
- Personal performance awareness stories,
- Environment mapping,
- Analysing your performance,
- Impactful communication,
- Delivering key messages,
- Managing your energy for high performance.
What you will experience
Roleplaying your own leadership challenges helps you understand how you come across to others, both verbally and physically, and establishes the situations in which you perform at your best, identifying what you need to hone in on, to present yourself authentically with heightened credibility.
Co-coaching with your peers throughout the programme teaches you how to give and receive constructive feedback and understand how you can be more influential across, up and down your organisation.
You will understand and practice goal setting and action planning to gain clarity and confidence to create clear intentions for successful communication in conversations, meetings, presentations and other critical messaging.
Unique and practical programme features
- Cranfield was the first business school to bring the art of theatre into executive development. The use of performing arts and other disciplines such as storytelling, sport and psychotherapy, brings a radical and innovative edge to business leadership, while still grounded in research.
- A truly holistic and mindful approach, engaging managers on another level, incorporating elements to challenge and work with the whole person.
- Peer-to-peer learning and co-coaching.
- Creation of specific elements to really understand your current and potential levels of impact and influence; a self-awareness audit, a map of your sphere of influence and a goal-orientated action plan for tackling your leadership challenges to sustain and develop your learnings.
20% discount (tuition fee only) for Cranfield School of Management Alumni who have attended one of our eligible leadership programmes.
Accommodation options and prices
Tuition, course materials and full board accommodation are included in the price of this course.
Location and travel
Cranfield School of Management is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire.
The School is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.
Cranfield Management Development Centre
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.